The discussion was moderated by Rob Fong of RKF Consulting.
Panelists for the event included:
- Lori Ajax – Chief of the Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation, State of California
- Joe Devlin – Chief of Cannabis Policy & Enforcement, City of Sacramento
- Hanspeter Walter – Shareholder, Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard, Cannabis Law
- Nasser Azimi – President, Teranomic Software
The discussion was focused on the evolution of the marijuana industry in the region and the state, and how it will evolve in the future. Each panelist provided insight on the current and future regulation, how business owners plan to follow the regulations, and the risk that the cannabis industry can pose.
During the panel Nasser Azimi stated “This is not a get-rich-quick business…we believe the public and legal aspects are very important.”
Hanspeter Walter also shared “Trying to find that proper balance of taxation and regulation – that’s a delicate balance.”
After the discussion the audience had a chance to engage in conversation by asking questions and networking with panelists.
“The recent Cannabis Talks event put on by the Sacramento Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce presented a great opportunity for us to provide an update on the work we are currently doing to regulate the cannabis industry in California. Such opportunities for community engagement and interaction really give us the valuable feedback we need as we continue to develop the program.”
– Lori Ajax, Chief of the Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation, State of California
“These events are always some of the most informative around. It was a well-run, well organized and informative event. I was honored to participate as a panelist and will be back to attend future events as an attendee. Thank you for facilitating a meaningful community conversation.”
– Joe Devlin, Chief of Cannabis Policy & Enforcement, City of Sacramento
“I thank the Sacramento Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce for assembling a panel and attracting attendees from diverse backgrounds and with broad experience, which fostered a robust discussion of intellectual and practical insights in the emerging field of cannabis law, business, and regulation.”
– Hanspeter Walter, Shareholder, Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard, Cannabis Law
We would like to thank the University of the Pacific for providing the space to host our event.
To view more photos from the event click here.